It’s already time for a new month and a new theme!
We wish we could feature every single image from the low key self portrait album. Make sure to look through the album if you haven’t. You all are beautiful, talented people and we are so proud of your learning and growth in low key photography this month!
New this week:
It is time for a new theme! However, it’s so hard to say goodbye to low key! Don’t stop sharing and if you are catching up, keep adding to the albums! February’s theme is “Indoor Lighting.” We know that indoor lighting is a challenge and we want to tackle it with you all! We will give Kelvin a try, utilize natural light we can find indoors, and challenge ourselves with flash! The first lesson for the month can be found here! Have you given Kelvin a try yet?
If you are participating in our year-long project #SPSMembers52 it is time to show us the first 4 weeks! A 4×4 template can be found here. Details about the project can also be found here. No worries if you missed a week on theme, just add a picture that you took that week instead. Missed a week or haven’t joined in yet, there are no rules! Join us anytime and when you can.
There are some amazing silhouettes in this week’s Magazine!
Our theme this week is (Indoor) White Balance. Put your shots in the new album.
- Amanda Mandola shared some images from her first maternity session. WOW.
- Lindsey Larivee is at it again with a self portrait stunner!
- Sarah Anne posted an absolutely gorgeous Meg Loeks inspired self portrait. Just WOW.
- Scroll through the feed in the Facebook Group and take a look at everyone’s “January Favorites” grids. You guys put up some phenomenal work! Be proud!
- Annette created a post where we can all list our Action Steps for this year. She geared it toward business, but really, you can have a personal photography Action Step, too. Let’s get them listed and be accountable to get to work!
- Shannon Templeton is looking for a new flash. Anyone have a favorite they’d like to share?
- Amy Pater is considering selling some of her prints (non-portrait). Have some words of advice or encouragement you’d like to share?
- Did you catch the article link that Alicia Wiechert shared about the snowflake photography work that Wilson “Snowflake” Bentley did?
- Does anyone use an android tablet? Help Krupa Sharma if you do!
- Laura Salazar is looking for lenses for her iPhone 11 Pro (not max). Anyone?