Is this month’s focus inspiring you to continue picking up your camera? We hope so!
New this week:
As we wrap up week one of indoor lighting, make sure to ask any questions you may have and check out some quick tips about in camera White Balance.
Next up is all about natural lighting found indoors. Sarah Bednar tells us where to look and inspires us to get the camera out, even when stuck inside.
You guys. You SLAYED the low key self portraits. This issue of the Magazine is absolutely cannot miss. Can.not.
The focus in this week’s album is natural indoor lighting.
We’ll be starting a Love Your Light challenge starting on Valentine’s Day. Bring your camera and speed light and join us!
We have another great interview lined up for this month and it’s all about VIDEO (say whaaaaat?) Do not miss this! Grace Baltic uses her DSLR to capture her family and we get to ask her all about it! Register here but until then, enjoy two of her family films here and here.
- Stephanie Simon snapped a shot of her son watching the garbage trucks. Her composition and edit are spot on and it’s a gorgeous image!
- Community for the win! Jenna Thiessen shot some gorgeous portraits of Carolyn Walter when they met up this past fall. Way to go, ladies!
- We all loved Annie Larsen-Mohler’s dude ranch shot last fall. It won her a free weekend there and she captured another gorgeous image while she was there.
- Words of wisdom and inspiration from Katherine Calabro (and some fabulous images, too!) that you do not want to miss.
- Danielle Ryan captured a truly poignant image of her last week of maternity leave.
- Katy Wingate is looking for help with taking better shots of her kids’ school events. Who can lend a hand?
- Helen Pace is polling to see who has a business Facebook page, a business Instagram page, or both.
- Andrea Jill is looking into seamless paper and needs a source for paper and a reasonably priced stand. Do you have advice or maybe you are looking, too?
- Mac users! Erica upgraded to the new Catalina OS and now can’t use Photo Mechanic without a pricy upgrade. Check out the post for more info.
- Annette is on the hunt for a new watermark. Anyone have a great source to share?
- Shayla Goldenberg is trying to perfect using the Sony remote app and is reaching out for help. There’s some great info in the comments if you’re a Sony user, too!