How is it already the end of June? You guys have truly wowed us this month with your work using color! Alas, it’s already time to move on… We have LOTS to share this week, but it’s all good stuff!
New this week
We are so excited for July’s theme! I think we all could use some exploration time as we focus on nature for the month’s theme! Sarah Bednar gives us some amazing inspiration as we introduce the theme in this week’s lesson.
Along with our nature theme we are going to have a July One a Day! Let’s all work on getting our cameras out every day (or mostly everyday) and capturing nature’s beauty!
We also know 4th of July is around the corner for our United States peeps. IF you are one of the lucky ones who can still view fireworks, here are some firework tips! No fireworks? Use the lesson to give sparkler writing a try!
Did you catch our SPS family photo? We sure are a good looking bunch!
We’re looking to broaden our net for the Teen Photo Fix. Are you a member of a homeschool group or Mom’s group you think would like to hear about it? More details and a place to list your group in Annette’s post.
Sarah Bednar has a call out for wildlife shots for an upcoming lesson. You can get all the details in her post.
Our new album combines and unlikely pair of nature and…fireworks!
Monochrome can be so incredibly beautiful! Proof is in this week’s edition of the Magazine.
- If this water play shot from Annette Heck doesn’t scream SUMMER, I don’t know what would!
- Stunning tones and light make this shot from Dhagash Shah a real standout.
- What a fun underwater shot from Kate Cavanaugh!
- Jennifer Sutsser shot the cutest two year old milestone session with a fishing theme. The can of gummy worms is the perfect finishing touch!
- Sunset grad pics were a gorgeous choice for Melissa Tokariwski. Tons of gorgeous color and creative poses!
- Carolyn Walter’s cherry shoot is full of deep and vibrant tones and has such a summery feel.
- Krista Moore just got some external hard drives for backup and called out for help to set up TimeMachine. There’s some great advice in the comments for anyone else who might be needing to do this.
- Kim Burgess is in the market for a good tripod. Whatcha got?
- Has anyone gotten the Amazon Basics goPro dome instead of the brand name? Cristina Ferdinando wants the scoop! And while we’re talking GoPro….Annette Heck just got one and wants to know all the things!
- Cindy Rogers is considering a new lens (for her 6D). Should she go with a 35mm or a 24-70? Similarly, Kate Brueck is thinking about ditching her 35 and 50 primes for a 24-70. Will she miss her primes?
- Manda Maderich is thinking about adding a COVID clause to her contract. Anyone else in that boat? Or would you like to see what others are thinking?